Monday, May 6, 2019

Thing 25: Green Screen Fun

Thing 25: Green Screen Fun

For the past few years I have enjoyed using the green screen with the students. This year I was given a cart full of iPads. I was wondering what can I do with these other than use them for reading. I found an app called DoInk. For $2.99 I was able to show the student quickly how to record each other and add the video to the app.


Image result for do ink green screen app

The students used a book commercial recording sheet created for them. They filled in the blanks about their story and then read it. They were to practice it and then find a friend to record each other.

They were also asked to create a picture or take a picture about their book. All of my students this year decided to create their own picture about their book.

Here is a link to one of the students Book Commercials:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kPLbsBsh-BTQt6d5Y7KuqqX8UKQKnB3r

This assignment took a little over a month to complete. I was only able to do this during library classes. That means I only saw the students 1 time every 6 day cycle. It is also very difficult to record all at once. I had to have the students record and have others doing quiet work as to not have all the background noise. Some days were easier than others.

The other problem with this tool is that you can't use this app on a Chromebook. It is only able to be used on an iPad. But I do have to say this app has been the easiest one I have used thus far and I have used WeVideo and iMovie.

But the closest to the app would be the iMovie.

All I can say is to have fun with it. The students love to create videos more now than ever!


1 comment:

  1. OH! She did a wonderful job with her book commercial! Great presentation skills. :)

    ReplyDelete